RN, Care Manager- Discharge Planner
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat. Job Description:
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Responsible for facilitating all patient discharges and transfers from the Inpatient Unit. The Discharge Planner functions as coordinator of discharge plans, collaborating with the patient and caregiver, the patient’s care team, outside facilities and DME vendors, to ensure safe and timely patient discharges and transfers.
- Active Oklahoma Registered Nursing License
- 2-3 years RN experience in a hospital setting
- Oncology experience preferred
- BLS certification required
- Superb customer service, telephone, and communication skills
- Ability to show compassion to a diversified group of oncology patients
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must possess the ability to utilize clinical reasoning while ensuring that coordination of services are done in a timely manner
- Demonstrates sound knowledge and actions in the care and decision making for the oncology patient population and seeks guidance appropriately
- Possesses a basic knowledge of personal computer and software for word processing and/or good keyboard skills preferred, or the ability to enter and retrieve data from relevant computer systems
- Lifting of up to 10 lbs
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.