Patient Care Technician - Inpatient Oncology, Per Diem
|Location:||Southwestern Regional Medical Center|
|Department:||203015 2nd Floor Nursing-PCT|
|Shift Hours / Days:||Days TBD, 7a - 7p|
|Hours / Pay Period:||23|
|Job Function:||Nursing/Patient Care|
To support the licensed nurses by assuming responsibility for direct and indirect patient care in an effort
to provide optimum patient outcomes. He/she assists with activities of daily living, personal care,
comfort measures, maintenance of a safe and clean environment, and certain tests/procedures done to
a specific patient population under the direction of the licensed nurse.
* High School graduate or equivalent required.
* Six months prior experience as a Nurse Aide in a health care environment or completion of a Nurse
Aide training program required (second year nursing student would qualify).
* PCT certification or CNA license desirable.
* Current BLS required.
* Must demonstrate competency in current caregiver practices (unit and age specific), data collection
practices (vital signs, intake and output, etc), infection control guidelines including proper use of
personal protective equipment and isolation classifications.
* Basic computer skills required.
* Must have strong interpersonal skills to deliver direct and indirect patient care and interact with
other members of the healthcare team.
* Identifies changes in patient condition and reports changes to licensed nurse.
* Prioritizes and provides bedside patient care based on the plan of care developed by the
Registered Nurse and the requests of the patient.
If you are a previous applicant, please log in below to access your account. Once logged in you can apply to additional positions, update your information, or view your active applications.Click Here