This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Merchant Services
|Location:||Southwestern Regional Medical Center|
|Department:||320006 Health Information Management - Clerical|
|Shift Hours / Days:|
|Hours / Pay Period:|
|Job Function:||Support Services|
Analysis of medical record documentation and charges on the account in order to assign ICD9-CM diagnosis and procedure codes, as well as CPT4 procedure codes utilizing the encoding software. Abstracting and verifying key indicators to the finance software of the electronic health record. In absence of appropriate documentation, will seek out or query physicians for complete clarification.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Minimum one year acute and ambulatory coding experience required
- Successful completion of nationally accredited coding certificate program or Associate Degree required.
- AHIMA or AAPC coding credential preferred
- Working knowledge of the revenue cycle, charge master driven vs. manual code assignment, revenue codes, the impact the position holds in keeping accounts receivable days at or below an administratively defined level
- Knowledge of cancer specialty medicine
- Knowledge of medical record content adequate to support code assignment
- Adherence to Coding Clinic guidelines and ongoing education for ICD 10CM or other coding guidance for correct coding.
- Internal quality review audits
- Experience coding manually and with encoding software
- Operation of multi-line phone system, email, internet research and other equipment and software as specified