Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
CERTIFIED OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY ASSISTANT
A Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant that delivers selected individual comprehensive treatments to patients through the rehabilitation department under the supervision of the Director of Rehabilitation and Occupational Therapist. Utilizes therapeutic use of self, innovative technology, and collaboration among patients to achieve an optimal level of function for each patient through treatment, measurement and education.
- Performs and provides therapeutic rehabilitation services under the supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist. This includes patient treatments, measurement, education, documentation of treatments and outcomes, and inputs appropriate charges in compliance with the state practice act.
- Consults with Occupational Therapist when necessary about clarification of orders, adjustments to patient treatment plans, patient outcomes and recommendations for durable medical equipment.
- Collaborates as a member of the multidisciplinary team to provide safe, and efficiently delivery of patient care, patient education, and continuity of care.
- Participates in departmental, hospital and corporate Key Performance Improvement projects, including smart goal sheet, development and performance of smart plan, and tracking progress toward of goals.
- Assists in the training and clinical education of Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant students.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Applied Science from an American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) approved program leading to a Certification as an Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Successful completion of the National Occupational Therapy Assistant Certification Exam
- OK State Licensure
- CPR Certified
#LI - KE1